Ski Ben Eoin
Ski Ben Eoin News
As summer draws to an end, so does our Summer Saver event on 2021/2022 season memberships.
Save up to 25% off the regular price until October 15th! Order now… HERE
Don’t have gear? No worries, we can outfit you for the 2021/2022 season from head to toe!
Our equipment lease packages are available for both junior (age 12 and under) or adult size (age 13 and up).
Packages include: helmet, skis or snowboard and boots
Supplies are limited so order yours now… HERE
If you’re ready to renew your locker for the 2021/2022 season, you can do so by emailing email@example.com
Off-season office hours: Thursdays 10am-4pm
Stay safe snow friends and we look forward to seeing you all again next season!
Ruth Boutilier Award 2021
This year, the Ruth Boutilier Award for shared Passion was presented to Claire Wilson.
Claire has shown her dedication to the sport, not only this year, but since the beginning of her teaching career and her professionalism is second to none. She accepts any task assigned to her, whether it be a beginner lesson or an advanced group with a smile and all of her lessons are delivered with enthusiasm. She is always available to suggest tactics to the newer, less experienced instructors. When assigned an apprentice, Claire involves them in her teaching, explaining her methodology.
When Claire’s students return after their lessons, their smiles are as big as hers!! Claire is always eager to improve her skiing and has aspirations to attain her level 3. Please join in congratulating Claire for this honourable achievement!
The Ruth Boutilier Award for shared Passion was created in 2019 in Ruth’s honour and memory. It is awarded annually to an instructor who has gone above and beyond the normal boundaries of what is expected of a ski instructor. They consistently demonstrate a natural passion for the sport, their desire to share their knowledge with others and they strive to improve their own skills and abilities.
Please consider the following screening questions before you decide to visit our facilities.
1. Have you or anyone in your household been required to self isolate or quarantine in the last 14 days?
2. Have you or anyone in your household returned from travel outside of Nova Scotia in the last 14 days?
3. Have you or anyone in your household been in close contact with anyone who has recently returned from travel outside of Nova Scotia in the last 14 days?
4. Have you or has anyone in your household been diagnosed with Covid19?
7. Have you or has anyone in your household been tested for Covid19 and are awaiting test results?
8. Are you or is anyone in your household sick, ill or currently experiencing fever (equal to or over 38C), new or worsening cough, or two or more of the following symptoms; sore throat, runny nose/nasal congestion, headache or shortness of breath?
nb. If you answered yes to any of these questions, we kindly ask that you please stay home at this time.
Please visit our Safety page here for a full list of Covid19 Protocols.
Enjoy our beautiful ski slopes in Ben Eoin, NS
In 1968, a group of enthusiastic, thrill-seeking skiers took their energy and love for the sport from Coxheath to the beautiful hills of Ben Eoin. Their mission was to develop a ski facility for local residents as well as the visiting public.
Through the group’s dedication and tenacity along with funding assistance received from the Cape Breton Development Corporation, community support groups and private donations, their dream became a reality with the official opening of Ski Ben Eoin. Membership dollars were adopted as a vital element in maintaining a ski operation.