Ski Ben Eoin
Ski Ben Eoin News
We are now CLOSED for the 2020/2021 season.
A BIG thank you goes out to our members and guests for working with us through all the changes and challenges this season. Together we made it one to remember!
Purchase your Early Bird Memberships until April 30th by clicking on the link below. Flex Equipment Leases are also available online.
2021/2022 Season Early Bird Memberships and Flex Equipment Leases ON SALE NOW!
The Rental Building will be accessible daily from Tuesday April 6th – Saturday April 10th from 10am-4pm. Lockers must be cleaned out at season end as the building is not accessible throughout the summer and fall months.
If you’re ready to renew your locker for the 2022 season, you can do so by contacting our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Off-season office hours: Thursdays from 10am-4pm
Stay safe snow friends are we look forward to seeing you all again next season!
Ski Patrol is a volunteer organization that provides 4 season safety and rescue services across Canada.
At Ski Ben Eoin, Ski Patrol are the first ones on the lift in the morning, and the last ones to ride it at night. Our team is responsible for things like flagging and fencing areas that may pose a safety risk to riders, ensuring that all users on the property are following the Alpine Responsibility Code, using the rescue toboggan to transport riders down the hill when they’ve had a fall, and much, much more!
We’re always looking for hard working, dedicated people who want to join a great team! Not only do you get to be part of what makes the ski hill operate smoothly, but there are some other great perks of becoming a ski patrol member too:
– Ski for FREE at participating hills in Canada
– Get pro deals on many popular brands
– Receive advanced first aid and rescue training that is Federally and Provincially certified.
If this sounds like something that you might be interested in, contact our Mountain Operations Manager email@example.com to see about coming out to shadow with a current ski patrol member to see what it’s all about. The best time to join a training session is September – November, but it doesn’t hurt to be thinking about the future now! And successful candidates may even be able to turn a volunteer opportunity into a part or full-time paid position here at Ski Ben Eoin. What a great experience!
If you’re already certified and ready to get involved now, please contact Ski Ben Eoin’s Ski Patrol leader firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about possible opportunities for the current season!
Please visit our “Safety” page here for a full list of COVID-19 Protocols. We ask that you please consider the following screening questions before you decide to visit the property this winter.
1. Have you or anyone in your household been required to self isolate or quarantine in the last 14 days?
2. Have you or anyone in your household returned from travel outside of Nova Scotia in the last 14 days?
3. Have you or anyone in your household been in close contact with anyone who has recently returned from travel outside of Nova Scotia in the last 14 days?
4. Have you or has anyone in your household been diagnosed with Covid19?
7. Have you or has anyone in your household been tested for Covid19 and are awaiting test results?
8. Are you or is anyone in your household sick, ill or currently experiencing fever (equal to or over 38C), new or worsening cough, or two or more of the following symptoms; sore throat, runny nose/nasal congestion, headache or shortness of breath?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we kindly ask that you please stay home at this time.
Enjoy our beautiful ski slopes in Ben Eoin, NS
In 1968, a group of enthusiastic, thrill-seeking skiers took their energy and love for the sport from Coxheath to the beautiful hills of Ben Eoin. Their mission was to develop a ski facility for local residents as well as the visiting public.
Through the group’s dedication and tenacity along with funding assistance received from the Cape Breton Development Corporation, community support groups and private donations, their dream became a reality with the official opening of Ski Ben Eoin. Membership dollars were adopted as a vital element in maintaining a ski operation.